Dirty door and window glasses create a wrong impression if you take their cleaning for granted. They influence the perception your guests/visitors have about you which leaves them with a negative image of you. Therefore, it is important to clean your window and door glasses properly.
1. Wipe the glasses with a moist soft duster, you can also use a soft damp cloth piece. However, it is not recommended to use a dry cloth even by mistake because that will damage the glass pane. When you dust the glass with a dry cloth piece, the dust particles will rub the glass and leave a scratch on the glass. So, the glass will look worse and become more prone to the damages.
2. You can also use a high-quality glass cleaner. It is important to research the appropriate glass cleaner to use so that you choose the right product. The good news is, you can also make your own glass cleaner. This is very easy to make: take 1 cup rubbing alcohol in a container, add 1 cup water to it, and then 1 tablespoon vinegar. Stir the ingredients well and your solution is ready. The best aspect of the cleaner is, it is environmentally friendly. Thus, you can get a quality cleaning without creating harmful environment indoors.
3. Some people use detergent powder or dishwashing liquid as a glass cleaner. If at all possible avoid using these products as they damage the coatings of the glass and reduce its life.
4. Don’t use newspapers and towel papers. If you want to increase the life of the glasses, then you can use microfibers.
5. The glass on your doors need a gentle cleaning. You cannot become harsh otherwise you will damage the glass or injure yourself.
6. Cleaning the glass in the morning or the evening will be a good idea. You should avoid cleaning when direct sunlight falls on the glass because that can damage the glass.
7. Once you are done with the cleaning, you should dry the glass immediately.
Following these suggestions will enable you to clean your door and window glasses without causing any damage to them. However, before cleaning, you should inspect your windows and doors. If you notice window or door glasses or damaged anywhere, then call a residential glass repair first.